In response to the latest Government advice on the COVID-19 outbreak, and in order to protect the wellbeing of its staff and customers, merseyflow will be closing its Walk-in Centre from 7pm on Tuesday 24 March 2020 until further notice.
Payments can be made remotely through the following channels: • www.merseyflow.co.uk • via the merseyflow quick pay app • by phoning 01928 878 878.
Online facilities such as the merseyflow website and the quick pay app will operate as normal. Customers may experience longer waiting times when phoning merseyflow due to an increase in calls and reduced staffing levels.
Merseyflow is also extending all Halton Resident and Blue Badge plans, which means customers with one of these plans can continue using it without needing to renew until further notice.
Customers whose plans were due to expire do not need to take any action and will not receive a renewal reminder, as their plan will simply continue providing them with unlimited crossings until further notice.
Neil Conway, Chief Executive of merseyflow, said: “These are exceptional circumstances which require exceptional measures. We will be closing the Walk-in Centre to protect the wellbeing of our staff and customers and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We also recognise that a large number of Halton residents and Blue Badge holders come to the Walk-In-Centre to renew their plans, which is why we have extended all of these until further notice.”
Neil added: “We would like to thank our fantastic employees for their commitment and dedication during this difficult time. We look forward to seeing you all again as soon as it is safe for us to reopen the Walk-In Centre.”
To open an Merseyflow account, update account details, pay for a crossing, pay a penalty charge notice or appeal a penalty, please visit www.merseyflow.co.uk.
Merseyflow will continue to closely monitor the situation and adhere to the latest Government advice. For the most up to date information, please check merseyflow’s social media channels regularly:
https://www.facebook.com/merseyflowtolls/ • https://twitter.com/merseyflow
Latest Mersey Gateway statistics show highest ever on-time journey payment rate and annual 18.5% drop in PCN charges
latest Mersey Gateway figures show a 18.5% drop in the number of Penalty Charge
Notices (PCNs) issued compared to the same period in 2018.
They also show the highest ever payment on time rate and record traffic levels using the Mersey Gateway Bridge between Runcorn and Widnes.
- An 18.5% reduction in the number of PCNs
compared to the same period last year (meaning 38,096 fewer PCNs were issued)
- Journey numbers increasing by 3% compared to the same period
last year up to a record high of 6.25 million journeys.
- 97.3% of journeys were paid for on time
(either through their account or by midnight the day after crossing) – this is the highest ever
- July was the highest ever month (2.14 million
crossings) for journeys made across the bridge
number of PCNs issued between July and September 2019 has fallen by 38,096
compared to the figure from the same period last year. This is an 18.5%
year-on-year drop in the number of PCNs issued, which means that more people
are paying on time for their crossing.
comes at a time when traffic levels using the bridge are at their highest ever
recorded, with 6.25 million journeys being made across the River Mersey in
Halton during the July – September 2019 period.
Conway, Chief Executive of merseyflow, said: “This has been our best ever
quarter. I am delighted to see the significant reduction in PCNs and an
all-time high in journeys paid for on time, particularly when the quarter recorded
the highest number of crossings made across the bridge.
added: “These statistics show that we are achieving our key objectives,
improving the pay on time rates for the users of the bridge, and as a
consequence of that reducing the number of Penalty Charge Notices issued. The
work we do to encourage people to register with us and pay on time is working,
and we will continue to look at new ways to make it quicker and easier for users
of the bridge to either register with us, or to pay their charge on time, as we
want to see the trend of reducing PCN numbers and increasing traffic levels
Bennett, Managing Director of the Mersey Gateway Crossings Board, said: “It’s
great to see more people using the Mersey Gateway Bridge and less people
getting PCNs. We would much rather everyone paid on time or registered with
merseyflow. In an ideal world, we don’t want to issue any PCNs, so it is very
positive to see this 18.5% year-on-year reduction.”
added: “We’re now two years on from the bridge opening, so the ongoing increase
in traffic levels shows people are benefitting from quicker, easier and more
reliable journeys across the river. We know how important this reliability and
access is to residents, commuters and the business community, so our focus is
on maintaining that and improving the service wherever we can.”
The quarterly merseyflow dashboard provides a range of in-depth statistics and graphs which show information on the number of crossings made, average daily traffic, number of PCNs issued, payments made on time, total revenue and what percentage of this comes from PCNs.
Along with many parts of the UK, Halton experienced high winds yesterday (Wednesday 19th September) and at approximately 15:00 Merseylink were alerted to a damaged street light on the Mersey Gateway Bridge. Merseylink immediately attended the site and inspected all street light columns as a precaution as more high winds are expected. As a result, a number of columns were removed. We apologise for any inconvenience and if our lane closures caused some delays however, safety of our road users is paramount . There will be further lane closures over the coming days as we continue to monitor the bridge and street furniture. We will aim to keep disruption to a minimum. Updates will be provided on our website and social media.
Her Majesty The Queen and Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex visit Halton to officially open the Mersey Gateway Bridge
Her Majesty The Queen and Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex carried out their first ever engagement together, as they visited Halton this week (14 June 2018) to officially open the new Mersey Gateway Bridge.
David Parr steps down from the Mersey Gateway Crossings Board following the successful delivery and opening of the Mersey Gateway
Following the opening of Mersey Gateway Bridge David Parr will be returning to his full time role as Chief Executive of Halton Council.
Mr Parr has led the Mersey Gateway Project for the last 13 years through the development, procurement and construction phases, to its successful opening on 14th October.